Build Smart with Simon
Home Energy Advisors is YOUR source for INDEPENDENT residential
energy advice. I have years of experience helping homeowners shrink
their energy costs in existing homes and new construction.
Please note: If you own a home in the Capital Region, New York State has a program offering you a free or reduced-cost comprehensive home assessment. These can be a great opportunity, especially if you meet income requirements for a grant; however, the state program is not your only choice!
Home Energy Advisors does not offer free audits. Remember the old saying: "...you get what you pay for!" Our modest fee is a small price to pay for objective advice and information rooted in building science, without any sales pressure – remember, we don’t sell the improvements we recommend!
When it comes to getting the work done, we can recommend contractors
who do a great job for a fair price, you can do the work yourself,
or you can use a contractor you know and trust. Advising what is best
to do to save money and energy should not be tied to doing the work!
Besides independent advice without sales pressure, here are several other reasons you might choose to work with Home Energy Advisors:
- Perhaps you already had a free audit (only eligible for one), but you still want to make more energy improvements to your home. I am particularly interested in helping with this more challenging work. Call me, I can help!
- Perhaps you are looking to buy a house? You must own the house for a free audit. See Buying a House? Energy Matters!
- Perhaps you want the audit done in the next couple of weeks, not months out that you have been told? I can usually work you in my schedule within two weeks.
- Perhaps you are interested in something advanced, like a geothermal heat pump? These are not covered by the state program. I can discuss geothermal heat pumps (30% Federal Tax Credit), whole-house pellet boilers, solar thermal systems, as well as traditional systems, and give you the pros and cons of each. My only interest is what is best for you!
- Perhaps you want a service that is not normally provided as part of the “standard” comprehensive home assessment, such as an electric usage analysis, a solar site assessment, a specific problem diagnosed, a review of your new house plan, or a discussion of how you can do the work yourself? I can provide just what you want at a fair price.
- Perhaps you don’t want to work through a state program – for whatever reason. My services are direct, targeted, helpful and without the bureaucracy.
- Perhaps you want to know the person who will do the audit before you commit? I personally perform all the audits and services provided by Home Energy Advisors.
Using my services does not preclude you from making good use of
the state program, especially when you
can benefit from a grant or financing.
As a matter of fact, I work closely with
several excellent participating contractors
and will refer you to the right one, when
it makes sense for you.
Chief Energy Auditor and Solar Designer
We can Help. Call for
a Home Energy Audit today!